The Business Development Engineer will be responsible for accelerating the growth of the company in the Private Electricity Infrastructure business across the east coast of Australia.
• Seek out new opportunities for grid-connected utility-scale project opportunities, review opportunities and develop appropriate strategies for commercial closure.
• Perform due diligence (researching the necessary background info and specs for the project, resource and site assessment, interconnection issues, feasibility studies, environmental and risk assessment, capacity and awareness building for stakeholders, and others)
• Identify international/local partners, negotiate or support the negotiation of commercial transactions and assist with project acquisitions if required.
• Define project scope, budget, execution strategies, goals and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with management and stakeholders.
• Analyse economic, regulatory and demographic factors which impact upon the project development and formalize project documentations and other required arrangements, such as TOR, tender documents, specifications, etc.
• Direct and manage project development from beginning to end. Plan and schedule project timelines and milestones using appropriate tools.
• Develop and deliver progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation, and presentations. Pro-actively manage changes in project scope, identify potential crises, and devise contingency plans.
• Build and sustain productive relationships with potential project partners, BOS supply partners, key strategic partners, finance partners, project developers (if relevant), Government and regulatory bodies and other relevant market participants.
• Participate in meetings with government and regulatory stakeholders to influence decisions and secure opportunities for growing the business.
• Assist to finalize project agreements with partners and regulators.
• Minimum of 7 years of project development in renewable energy sector with an internationally major/reputable development/EPC company.
• Knowledge of Transmission and Distribution substations design theories, practices and procedures.
• Knowledge of Primary Electrical Secondary Electrical, Civil, and SCADA involved on the substation projects